The proposed curriculum has been benchmarked against the leading Banking and Finance programs at US and GCC universities, the CFA Body of Knowledge Model in 2010 and the requirements for a bachelor degree as specified by the National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment (NCAAA) in Saudi Arabia. After completing the required courses and internship, our graduates will emerge as well-rounded banking and finance professionals with possess the required knowledge and skills to prove themselves to be effective professionals in the field of banking and finance.The Bachelor of Science in Banking and Finance, offered by Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University , is a four year full-time study program. It is designed to produce skilled professionals in the field of Banking and Finance. The Department of Banking and Finance has created an effective learning environment, which will allow students' access to the latest in banking and finance knowledge. Our faculty possess the entrepreneurial spirit, the will to win and a commitment to continuous educational innovation. This will be applied, not only to our distinctive integrated curriculum, but also in all our professional activities in the Department.
To be acknowledged as a leading business school in the region by providing a high quality learning environment in the areas of banking and finance.
To graduate well trained banking and finance professionals who will play an important role in the economic development of the country by providing their specialized services.
- Attract talented and intellectually curious students to the field of banking and finance.
- Develop distinctive educational opportunities that provide the knowledge and skills required for graduates to succeed in providing competent professional services in various sectors of the Saudi Arabia economic sphere.
- Attract and retain talented and diverse faculty who are excellent teachers, productive researchers, and committed to the success of our students.
Expected Learning Outcomes
By the end of the Banking and Finance program in IAU, our graduates should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of financial system, tools and techniques in the real world environment.
- Demonstrate management skills necessary for planning and utilization of financial information for sound decision making.
- Identify and manage financial risks in investment decisions.
- Interpret and analyze financial statements of business, non-profit and government agencies.
- Deploy clear understanding of organizations, their structures, the legal environment and how they are managed.
- Recognize the professional, ethical and legal responsibilities relevant to the discipline.
- Apply knowledge of group dynamics to carry out work in teams and project environments.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the range of financial instruments available in the financial markets.