The Bachelor of Science degree program in Accounting at Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University is a four-year, full-time program. It is designed to produce well-trained professional accountants who are equipped with the knowledge, skills and expertise in the field of accounting. After completing all of the required courses, the field project and internship, graduates are ready to begin their professional lives and contribute to the economy of the Kingdom. The program’s faculty are amongst the best in the country who are dedicated to teaching, research and professional excellence.
The Accounting Department is committed to developing a nationally renowned business education for undergraduates and graduate students by developing courses that impart cutting edge, innovative and effective knowledge to students so that they can address the rapidly changing needs of both the national and international business community. Ethics will be at the heart of all accounting courses and our graduates will be sought after professionals in the business world.
The Accounting Department is committed to providing education of the highest standards that will empower our graduates to become business professionals and community leaders that will contribute to the enhancement of the economic development of the Kingdom.
- Attract talented and intellectually curious students to the field of accounting
- Develop distinctive educational opportunities that provide the knowledge and skills required for graduates to succeed in providing competent professional service in the various sectors of the Saudi Arabian economic sphere.
- Attract and retain talented and diverse faculty who are excellent teachers, productive researchers and committed to the success of our students.
Expected Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the accounting program at IAU, graduates should be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of:
- The accounting cycle in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards IFRS.
- Describe and explain the conceptual framework underlying IFRS.
- Prepare, interpret and analyze financial statements of business, non-profit and government agencies based on IFRS and government accounting standards.
- Find accounting errors and devise appropriate corrective measures in accordance to IFRS.
- Use managerial and cost accounting systems.
- Apply international auditing atandards to perform an audit.
- Express and apply macro and micro economic concepts.
- Illustrate the use of methods used for analyzing and synthesizing accounting data by using appropriate software programs.
- State Islamic accounting and banking concepts.
- Explain organizations, their structures and how they are managed.
- Analyze human behavior in organizations.
- Define the legal environment of business.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior, exhibit a professional code of conduct, corporate governance and corporate social responsibility.