The Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems (MIS), offered by Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University, is a four-year full-time study program. It is designed to produce graduates equipped with appropriate managerial and IT-based technical skills that are highly sought after in the modern business environment. The Department of MIS has created an effective learning environment, which allows students' access to the latest hardware and software and subsequently, a state of the art education. Our faculty possess the entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to continuous educational innovation, which is applied, not only to our distinctive integrated curriculum, but also in all our professional activities in the department.
The proposed curriculum has been benchmarked against top MIS programs within US universities, Information Systems Curriculum Model 2010, sponsored by ACM, AIS and AITP, and the requirements for a bachelor degree program as specified by the National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment, NCAAA Saudi Arabia. After completing the required courses and internship, our graduates will emerge as well-rounded MIS professionals with the required knowledge and skills to contribute effectively by applying the latest IS standards and Information Technology innovations in specified sectors of the Saudi Arabian economy.
To be acknowledged as a leading Management Information System (MIS) learning environment and community in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Gulf Region, offering a dynamic program integrating IT in business and dedicated to exploration and the application of knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in a competitive marketplace.
Committed to teaching state-of-the art practices in MIS to empower graduates to apply technology in organizations, work efficiently and effectively and communicate clearly as individuals, team members and leaders in the organization.
- Attract talented and intellectually curious students to the field of MIS;
- Develop distinctive educational opportunities that provide the knowledge and skills required for graduates to succeed in providing competent professional service in various sectors of the Saudi Arabian economic sphere;
- Attract and retain talented and diverse faculty who are excellent teachers, productive researchers and committed to the success of our students
Expected Learning Outcomes
By the end of the MIS program in IAU, our graduates should be able to:
- PLO-1: Demonstrate understanding of information systems concepts and related technologies and their role in organizations;
- PLO-2: Demonstrate management skills necessary for planning and utilization of management information systems in organizations;
- PLO-3: Design, develop and manage data management systems using various contemporary approaches and tools;
- PLO-4: Select and deploy approaches and techniques in the analysis, design and implementation of business information systems;
- PLO-5: Describe IT-related trends and developments and identify their relevance and application for business;
- PLO-6: Recognize the professional, ethical and legal responsibilities relevant to MIS discipline; and
- PLO-7: Apply knowledge of group dynamics to carry out work in team and project environments.
MIS professionals are the "communication bridge" who understand business needs and technology. This means that MIS professional must understand the organization's needs and technical structures to solve problems and people requirements. It's a dynamic field, and it takes dynamic people to do well in it.
Here's only a SAMPLE of the kinds of MIS jobs (including but not limited to)
- Business Application Developer
- IT Consultant
- Systems Analyst
- IT Development Project Leader
- Database Administrator
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Systems Developer
- Database Analyst
- Web Developer
- Network Administrator
- Technical Support Specialist
- Information Systems Manager
- IT User Liaison
- Chief Information Officer
- End-user Support Analyst
- Information Security Manager
- IT Consultant
- Systems Administrator