The Vice Deanship of Engineering Track aims at counseling and guiding the students according to their academic plan to obtain the highest grades and pass the first year. It also aims at helping the students overcome any obstacles they might face during their study.
Vice Dean for Engineering Track
Academic supervision is a professional service aiming at identifying difficulties that the students may face. These difficulties may affect their academic performance and interaction with the university demands. Support and aid are offered through raising awareness of the student's academic responsibilities, encouraging them to work hard in solving their academic and personal problems that may hinder them from accomplishing their goals.
The responsibilities of the Vice Deanship for Engineering Track
- supervising the implementation of laws and regulation regarding examinations
- supervising the preparation of schedules for the students at the Engineering Track and liaising with other departments, colleges and the Deanship of Admission and Registration.
- supervising final examinations for Engineering Track.
- supervising the transfer courses for students moving within the university colleges or from other universities
- supervising the extracurricular activities, field visit and exhibitions
- supervising the students wishing to drop, add or defer enrolment according to the rules and regulations
- supervising the preparation of lists of failing, passing and denied students
- supervising the events of the orientation week presented by the Deanship of the Preparatory Year and presenting brochures, pamphlets, booklets regarding the students' schedules and courses.
- supervising the counseling of students and solving their problems that relate to their academic performance and communicating with the University Counseling Center in case a student needs any further social or psychological guidance
- providing the Dean with periodic reports regarding workflow at the Engineering Track
- updating the website of the Preparatory Year pertaining to the Engineering Track
- addressing the assigned departments in the university to maintain the workflow at the Vice Deanship for Engineering Track.
- Issuing internal decisions that does not create privileges
- Suggesting methods and means that contribute in developing the Engineering Track.
The Engineering Track is designed for students who wish to enroll in one of these colleges:
- Architecture and Planning