Science Track is one of the Deanship's tracks that prepares students to join the College of Computer Science or the college of Business Administration.
- Orienting students
- Developing students' skills in English Language and Computer
- Promoting innovation and developing study and research skills
- Developing fundamental science knowledge that students need in their future specialization
- Raising awareness of health and fitness
- Improving students' abilities and encouraging them to actively participate in extracurricular activities
- Developing the programs at the PreparatoryYear in accordance with the requirements and standards of academic accreditation
The responsibilities of the Vice Deanship for Science Track
- supervising the implementation of laws and regulation regarding examinations
- supervising the preparation of schedules for the students at the Science Track and liaising with other departments, colleges and the Deanship of Admission and Registration.
- supervising final examinations for Science Track.
- supervising the transfer courses for students moving within the university colleges or from other universities
- supervising the extracurricular activities, field visit and exhibitions
- supervising the students wishing to drop, add or defer enrolment according to the rules and regulations
- supervising the preparation of lists of failing, passing and denied students
- supervising the events of the orientation week presented by the Deanship of the Preparatory Year and presenting brochures, pamphlets, booklets regarding the students' schedules and courses.
- supervising the counseling of students and solving their problems that relate to their academic performance and communicating with the University Counseling Center in case a student needs any further social or psychological guidance
- providing the Dean with periodic reports regarding workflow at the Science Track
- updating the website of the Preparatory Year pertaining to the Science Track
- addressing the assigned departments in the university to maintain the workflow at the Vice Deanship for science Track.
- Issuing internal decisions that does not create privileges
- Suggesting methods and means that contribute in developing the science Track.
The Science Track is designed for students who wish to enroll in one of these colleges:
- College of Computer Science and Information Technology
- College of Business Administration
- College of Science