The collection management unit is responsible for identifying and acquiring print and electronic books.
- Monitor the growth and development of print and electronic books.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of the existing book collection regularly.
- Capture and analyze data to support book collection assessment
- Assess and deselect book collections that no longer support IAU’s instructional and research programs.
- Evaluate library collection in response to new programs, program changes, user needs, and research trends.
- Develop and refine policies and procedures for collection management.
- Evaluate and accept book donations as per the library policy.
Head Collection Development,
Library systems support,