About the Vice Deanship
The Vice Deanship's tasks
- Supervise the units of the vice deanship.
- Supervise the activities and develop the capabilities of the vice deanship's employees in the field of scientific research.
- Follow up and supervise the formation of research teams in specialized and joint fields.
- Supervise the development of the research strategy and establish mechanisms to implement it in the college.
- Develop plans and necessary controls to guide researchers and postgraduate students to serve development goals and adopt community problems in their studies and research.
- Follow up the provision of material support for research from the university and the funding bodies outside the college.
- Supervise and develop the establishment of postgraduate programs to meet national needs and directives.
- Follow up the implementation of the activities of induction programs for postgraduate students.
- Follow up the conditions of the college students abroad.
- Follow up the postgraduate students academically and organization of registration procedures and schedules in postgraduate programs.
- Follow up the College's postgraduate processes, tests and committees.
- Supervise the development of postgraduate programs to suit national strategies and directives and the requirements of the labor market according to the university's manuals.
- Localize all quality practices to ensure the best performance and associated with academic accreditation standards for postgraduate programs.
- Ensure the provision of an appropriate learning environment that includes educational facilities, laboratories,and all that postgraduate programs require to ensure better performance.
- Follow up the associations and scientific chairs at the college.
- Coordinate with the Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship and support the activities of the College in this field.
- Enhancing the entrepreneurship environment at the university by setting up events, workshops, and lectures.
- Follow up on everything related to patents, registration files and intellectual property rights and encourage the faculty members in this field.
- Verification of the fulfilment of requests for scientific promotions, scientific sabbatical, scientific communication, and attendance at conferences presented by faculty members.
- Supervise the completion of all requirements of the Scientific Council at the University.
- Follow up the achievement of the strategic plan of the university in relation to the objectives of scientific research and innovation and achieve the associated performance indicators.
- General coordination with other relevant units, departments, and vice deanships of the College.
- Submit periodic reports to the Dean of the College on the progress of work in the units of the Vice Deanship of the College, explaining the achievements and difficulties.
- Follow up on updating the college's website regarding the college's vice deanship and affiliated administrative units.
- Follow up administrative work and attend meetings and everything related to the Vice Deanship for Scientific Research and Innovation and its affiliated units.
- Carry out the work and other tasks assigned by the Dean of the College.
Vice Deanship Units
- Scientific Research Unit
- Scientific Publishing and Promotions Support Unit
- Graduate Studies Affairs Unit
- Scholarship and Demonstrators Unit
Math Department Programs:
- Master of Science in Mathematics Program
Physics Department Programs:
- Master of Science in Physics (Theoretical Physics) Program
- Master of Medical Physics Program
- Master of Physics in Material Science Program
- Doctor of Philosophy in Physics Program
Chemistry Department Programs:
- Master of Science in Chemistry Program
- Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry Program
Biology Department Programs:
- Master of Science in Zoology Program
- Master of Science in Microbiology Program
- Master of Science in Botany Program
Vice Dean for Scientific Research & Innovation
Dr. Zainab Hussain Al Sunaidi
Latifa Ahmed Al Kaabi
Scientific Research Unit
Farah Zamil Al Zamil
Scholarship Affairs Unit
Shoaa Mohammed Al Qassimi
Graduate Studies Affairs Unit (Mathematics/Physics)
Reem Hassan Al Khalifa
Graduate Studies Affairs Unit (Chemistry)
Mariam Abdullah Al Ateeq
Graduate Studies Affairs Unit (Biology)
Dalal Naif Al Shammary