Graphic Design and Multimedia focus on visual communication in that different messages are conveyed through design used in print publications and multimedia. Such messages can be conveyed through company identities, advertising, web design, magazines, and the like through the skillful combination of text and images.
The Graphic Design and Multimedia program has two specialty tracks: Graphic Design and Motion Media Design. After completing the second year, the program branches into two specialty tracks in the third and fourth years. Students graduate with a Bachelor of Art in the specialty track they completed.
Leadership in education of visual communication design locally and internationally.
Approved by IAU council on 18/10/1442 / 30/05/2021
The Program of Graphic Design & Multimedia is committed to preparing qualified creative designers in the field of visual communication, through innovative research and community collaborations to fulfill local and global cultural needs.
- Creativity and Diversity
1. Deliver high-quality education that is current with developments in the graphic design profession.
2. Promote a culture of innovation and creativity, while advancing scientific inquiry.
3. Encourage community partnerships and social responsibility.
4. Enhance faculty and students’ professional development and well-being.
5. Incorporate sustainability values into the program.
6. Implement and maintain the program's quality management procedures.
7. Maintain a variety of sustainable funding sources.
8. Integrate ICT systems into the program.
- College of Design
- Years of study
- 4 (1 Foundation Year + 3 specialization)
- Additional requirements
Track College of Design – Humanities Track
GDM Program Graduate Attributes
- Knowledge and understanding
The ability to apply comprehensive knowledge in theory, history, and elements and principles of design that support specific communication needs.
- The ability to identify and research problems creatively and utilize resources in interdisciplinary practices in the market.
- The capacity to relate the graphic design and multimedia profession to industry practices.
- The ability to develop creative solutions and conceptualize ideas by using specialized digital technology and applications related to communication design.
- The ability to effectively communicate orally, visually and in written form, with the aid of digital tools.
- The development of agility and lifelong learning through personal awareness, interpersonal, leadership, and collaborative skills in different professional contexts.
- Possession of social responsibility and ethics in research and professional practices that respect Islamic culture, values, and traditions.
Graduates of the Graphic Design and Multimedia Department have diverse job opportunities given that it’s a specialization that can be applied to a number of industries. It includes the design of print publications such as books, magazines, identities, logos, web design, and advertising. In those fields, graduates can work as graphic designers, art and creative directors, web designers, and the like. This field of study also intersects with other visual creative disciplines such as film and animation.