The Department of Community Health Nursing is focused on fostering and strengthening the relationship of the College with the community. The Department imparts quality education to the students and is committed to preparing them as exemplary community health nurses. The Department creatively plans all of its activities towards strengthening the humane and technical skills of its students to enable them to provide quality service to individuals, families and the community.
The philosophy of the Department is congruent with the philosophy of the College of Nursing and Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University as a whole. The philosophy of the Department is that a rigorous education prepares the graduates to pursue a career as a generalist nurse or take on a more specialized nursing role or even become a nurse scientist, all the while maintaining their cultural, social and religious identity.
The objectives of the Department of Community Health Nursing are to:
- Impart quality education to the students in the field of public health.
- Prepare the students to become nursing leaders and efficient professional nurses in community settings.
- Emphasize the importance of health education in both communities for preparing professional nurses to increase the individual, family and community awareness towards achieving self-care.
- Collaborate with public and private organizations in meeting the health needs of the community.
- Organize developmental programs for the staff of the Department in order to enhance their knowledge and skills.
- Contribute to the body of knowledge of public and mental health nursing through research, health education and publications.