The Fundamentals of Nursing Department offers courses that equip the students with the required knowledge, attitude and skills needed to work in clinical areas and to develop as professional nurses with a strong commitment to service. In addition, the Department consists of six divisions or specializations, which are listed below:
- General Nursing
- Medical and Surgical
- Critical Care
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Psychiatric and Mental Health
The philosophy the Department is congruent with the philosophy of the College of Nursing and Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University as a whole. The philosophy of the Department is that a rigorous education prepares the graduates to pursue a career as a generalist nurse or take on a more specialized nursing role or even become a nurse scientist, all the while maintaining their cultural, social and religious identity.
- Encourage students to utilize their research experience and expertise within a stimulating and supportive environment with the intent of improving the quality of patient care.
- Develop and update the teaching methods within the Department in order to exceed international standards of teaching.
- To promote the development of professional knowledge and practice through evidence-based learning and problem solving approaches.
- To teach and encourage students to use concepts derived from the humanities and the behavioral sciences to understand oneself and others, the relationship between people and how communities function.
- To establish outstanding postgraduate studies and contribute to the development of the community.