Aims and Applications
- Apply safety and security precautions inside the laboratory.
- Develop practical skills in the use of tools, devices and chemicals.
- Specifies the melting point of a solid organic substance and the boiling point of a liquid substance.
- Use crystallization and recrystallization techniques.
- Detection of active (functional) groups in the following organic compounds: aliphatic and aromatic carboxylic acids – phenols – amides and amides – aromatic amines – aniline salts – ketones and quinones.
- Identify an unknown solid or liquid organic.
Equipments and Devices
- Electric Heater
- Melting point meter