Mission To become a leader in the field of finance education, not only in Saudi Arabia, but throughout the Arab world.
The Department of Financial Management provides its students with a distinct scientifically based curriculum in order to prepare its graduates for successful careers in the social and economic development of the Kingdom. The students are equipped with the knowledge, skills and values that are necessary to accelerate the pace of development in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- The department has adopted the practice of continuous development of the educational process that is consistent with scientific development and the requirements of the labor market.
- Provide students with the skills that are related to cognitive, analytical and interactive approaches.
- Focus on the development of entrepreneurial and creative thinking.
- Prepare skilled professional graduates that are well prepared to meet the requirements of the labor market.
- Develop the students' skills in applying scientific methods in the field of financial management in order to evaluate current financial situations and make well-informed decisions.
- Develop the students' abilities to analyze and examine financial statements from real companies and to be able to draw well thought out conclusions regarding past, present and expected future performances.
- Develop the students' abilities to read stock indices for real companies and to analyze their performance in the stock market
- Develop the students' evaluation skills when examining investment opportunities as well as in analyzing financial budgets.
- Develop the students' abilities in the area of financial planning for future projects and be able to judge the extent of their usefulness.
IIntroduce students to the basics of financial management and the most relevant scientific methods used to evaluate planning and financial resources, through lectures and discussions of scientific theory. Familiarize the students with local and regional stock markets, as well as stock markets throughout the world.
- Develop the students' abilities to apply techniques of financial analysis to real economic establishments in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Develop the students' skills in analyzing real financial economic cases by examining stock market indices.
- Develop the students' capacity for decision-making on issues related to the planning of financial resources, which are built on scientific and objective foundations.
- Support and encourage scientific research through group projects, which will foster a spirit of cooperation among the students.
- Encourage the students to be self-motivated learners by asking them to keep up-to-date with the field of financial management and to express their views and ideas.
- Maximize ethical values, transparency and place an emphasis on the importance of these traits while dealing with students in the Department.
- Master communication skills through the preparation of reports and presentations by using the tools of PowerPoint and spreadsheets.
- Achieve effective communication through proper management of panel discussions.
- Emphasize the importance of adherence to quality standards in all of the students’ work and deepen the concept of professionalism when dealing with others.