The vision for the Marketing Department is to be the premier academic marketing program in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The mission for the Marketing Department is to develop and educate talented marketing graduates who exemplify professionalism, exhibit administrative creativity and demonstrate practical intelligence.
The Marketing Department is committed to the following objectives:
- To focus on the various elements that make up a successful and productive department, from the student, to the researcher, the staff member and the instructor and observe how each member of the department works together in an integrated and creative system.
- To focus on marketing programs that uniquely suit the nature and culture of the Eastern Province and that meet the national standard requirements of the Kingdom.
- To reach a senior leadership position in the field of teaching applied sciences.
- To create an engaging and innovative learning environment equipped with the latest educational methods and technology in order to achieve the goals of continuing education as well as raise the quality and efficiency of teaching and the learning process.
- To provide support for the development of scientific research in the area of marketing and to meet the needs of the community of the Eastern Province; at both the level of the individual and organizations.
- To strive for the highest levels and standards in academic research by being committed to ethical scientific values in all areas of research that are also in line with the culture.
- To efficiently use available resources in order to maximize the return from these resources in the field of professional service and to improve the quality of economic performance.
- To support the achievement of these objectives through the rational allocation of resources in order to achieve the priorities outlined by the faculty.
- To efficiently meet the needs of the Department through regular reviews, assessments and continuous evaluation of the Department’s programs and activities.
To reach and exceed the educational goals the Department has set in order to meet both national and global academic accreditation standards.
The Department has focused on current renewable concepts that are commonly taught in marketing departments worldwide so that the students will master these concepts, principles and models for a variety of diverse organizations.
To enable students to clearly express their ideas and concepts both verbally and in writing so that they will acquire effective and compelling presentation skills for to use in their professional careers. By having the students work together in groups enables them to practice a variety of team roles and develop their sense of responsibility.
Expected outcomes of the Marketing Department's academic program:
1. The effective use of the scientific method in thinking and problem solving.
2. The application of theoretical knowledge and skills in the area of marketing in order to positively serve the local community and the region.
3. Master communication skills through a professional system of work.
4. Observe and interpret the effect of global changes and explore the impact of these changes on marketing performance.
5. Promote the idea of continuing education in the area of marketing in order to develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of marketing and business professionals.
6. Commitment to the completion of work assigned in accordance with the law, ethics and professional standards.
7. The use of information technology.
8. Identify professional challenges and propose innovative and readily applicable solutions.
9. Make informed decisions in the light of available information and efficiently use allocated resources.
10. The marketing graduates from the Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University are committed in their roles to the development of the community and environment.