The Department of Psychology offers academic programs for postgraduate studies for the preparation of specialists who deal efficiently and competently with the psychological needs of individuals, families and diverse community institutions. It provides a mix of scientific and research content with field experience that reflects the needs of education and training in its various stages. The department has scientific and practical experience that qualifies students enrolled in its programs to engage in educational professions related to guidance.
As part of its continuous efforts to build distinguished academic programs, the department offers competitive professional programs throughout the Kingdom. The graduates of the department are generally employed in many educational sites as counselors in schools, universities and other centers in various institutions.
The faculty members in the department are distinguished by their diverse fields of specialization in the areas of psychology, psychological counseling, mental health, research excellence and the provision of community services. It cooperates with other departments of the college and the university to provide extension and research services that reflect the department's vision of achieving excellence in what it offers.
The Psychology Department seeks to become nationally and internationally distinctive in psychological aspects in order to be able to cope with the current global developments and to help meet the demands of the community and the labor market.
To prepare scientific professionals in psychology, conduct academic studies and provide consultations for individuals as well as community institutions in accordance with quality standards.
- Provide students with the psychological skills and knowledge in order to be successful.
- Develop the skills of students in the areas of psychological research.
- Provide psychological consultations for University staff, students as well as community members.
- Conduct original research studies in psychological fields.
- Train students to diagnose and deal with psychological issues.
- Instill in the students Islamic values and ethics.
The Department of Psychology performs the following academic duties;
1. The department offers psychological courses in academic programs at the undergraduate level for all students of the Faculty of Education.
2. The department offers the Master's degree courses in the field of school guidance.
3. The department offers courses on the level of higher diploma in the guidance and guidance of the school,.
4. The department offers psychological courses on the level of general diploma in education.
5. The department offers psychological courses for other master's programs in the college.
6. The department participates in the programs of the Center for Continuing Education and Community Service.
7. The department contributes to educational and psychological research.
8. The department contributes to the organization of national, Arab and international seminars and conferences.
9. The department contributes to the organization of educational meetings held by the College.
10. The department organizes specialized scientific meetings.
11. The department contributes to the provision of psychological, guidance and training services to local community institutions.