About the Vice Deanship
The College Vice Deanship for Postgraduate Studies and Scientific Research aims to enhance the scientific position of the college by implementing the general policy of the college in relation to graduate studies and scientific research, supervising the units and committees associated with the vice deanship, following up with them and directing towards the implementation of their objectives, improving the graduate studies programs and their outputs, improving the scientific activities and the scientific research outputs for faculty members and students to encourage research and distinguished scientific publishing. This objective contributes to developing the national economy in order to become one of the knowledge-based economies and proposing projects, programs and development plans related to postgraduate studies and scientific research to make the college a pioneer in the field of joint scientific research between the different disciplines of the college, and the university, which gives research a status of inclusiveness that is applicable and beneficial in the health field.
Vice Deanship Tasks
- Following and implementing the college's policy of graduate studies and scholarships
- Supervising the review of the conditions of admission in higher studies programs and their development.
- Supervising the graduate processes of the college and its tests and committees.
- Coordination with college units in all relevant areas.
- Chairing the agency's committees and reporting them to the relevant authorities.
- Supervising the activities of the induction program for graduate students, and following up on their implementation.
- Supervising the college's activities in the field of scientific research and the development of its capacity.
- Supervising the development of the research strategy and plan, and developing mechanisms for its implementation in the college.
- Supervising the provision of financial support for research from the university and from outside-university funding agencies.
- Receiving and following up the needs of the departments of researchers, faculty and teachers in different disciplines.
- To monitor the conditions of college students abroad.
- Receiving the files of graduate students applying for postgraduate studies and distributing them to the different departments of the college.
- Receiving the decisions of the departments in all matters related to the applications of graduate studies and sending them to the Deanship of graduate studies after its adoption from the College Council.
- Supervising requests for postponement and apology from non-study as well as deletions and additions in accordance with the regulations and decisions issued in this regard for graduate students.
- Coordination with the Deanship of Scientific Research at the University and the Research Center and get support for it.
- Coordination with the Department of The Polarization of Faculty and Researchers at the University in relation to the polarization process.
- Encourage the establishment of distinct practical chairs or research centers.
- Provide periodic reports to the Dean of the College on the functioning of his units in accordance with the tasks assigned to them and the difficulties they face.
- Supervising the units of their agency
- The development of postgraduate programs (Ph.D.-Master) in the faculty in accordance with the labor market and the vision of the Kingdom 2030.
- Supervising the implementation of the subjects referred to him in the field of graduate studies and scientific research.
- Follow-up to update the college's website with regard to its agency and its administrative units.
- Implemented the work assigned by the Dean of the College
Units of the Vice Deanship
- Graduate Unit
The unit specializes in encouraging graduate students for graduates of local universities and expatriates and developing the abilities of faculty and assistant faculty in the field of graduate studies to achieve quality scientific and research performance.
- Scientific Research Unit
The unit specializes in focusing on innovation and development in scientific research and raising the efficiency of and the effectiveness of the college as one of the distinguished research.
- Unit of instructors, lecturers and scholarships
This unit is dedicated to meeting the needs of the departments of the preparers and making sure that they are sent to universities with high levels and world rankings in order to achieve a high level of future performance of the faculty members.