Transfer From Another University
This is a process where a student transfers from their university to another university in accordance with specific regulations during a period of time determined by the university's Council.
- Application closes at 2:00 pm
Time Table to Transfer process to the University
- The applicant should have an official academic transcript that is sealed by the deanship of admissions and registration at their university.
- The transcript should be up to date.
- The transcript should have the applicant’s current semester record and status (regular - withdrawn - postponed). If the information is not in the transcript the applicant should attach a letter to prove their academic status.
- The documents should be scanned and attached as a PDF to the transfer application.
Terms of Students Transfer to IAU from other universities:
- The applicant student must not be dismissed, suspended, or resigned from another university.
- The applicant student must be registered in the same transfer program, and
- Must be registered in a Saudi governmental university.
- Private university students are eligible if their universities are fully accredited by ETEC Except for health colleges.
- Students from non-Saudi universities are eligible if their universities are listed by Saudi Ministry of Education Except for health colleges.
- Percentage of secondary school must no be less than 90% for Bachelor of Health programs, 85% for Bachelor of Engineering and Scientific programs, 80% for humanities programs, and 75% for Diploma of Applied programs.
- Transfer applicant must have completed full academic year in the previous university and has a transcript of no less than 24 credit hours.
- Applicant should have passed all courses of the foundation year that equal to minimum marks spotted by the standing committee of curricula per the college recommendations.
- Transfer application must be through students’ records system per scheduled by Deanship of Admission considering that any out-of-date application will be rejected, and a recent transcript stamped by the student previous university admission deanship should be attached in order to clarify the student academic status.
- The applicant must meet any additional terms spotted by the college council.
- Applications will be considered by a committee chaired by the dean of the competent college or its vice-dean for academic affairs with participation of another two members among experts of the college.
- Applicant must not be IAU ex-student.
- Applicant must be Saudi or non-Saudi from a Saudi mother where other applicants of 5-years cards or GCC citizens are treated per the procedures of scholarships regulation approved by Saudi Ministry of Education.
- Transfer to the shared first year programs or foundation year program is not acceptable.
- Applicant must be registered in a peer college where suitable specialty will be determined by the college per vacant.
- Applicants want to enroll College of Medicine and College of Dentistry must complete full academic year after completing courses of the first year conditionally to have 24 credit hours.
- Accumulative rate must no be less than 3.75/5.0 or 2.75/4.0 for Medicine and Dentistry, and 3.5/5.0 or 2.5/4.0 for other colleges.
- The competent college council or its mandated official has the right to exempt the applicant from the accumulative rate term per below criteria:
- Availability of reasons force the student to transfer to IAU attached with evidence documents (father death- divorce- marriage- shifting of the student custodian out of the student study place)
- Accumulative rate must not be less than 3.0/5.0 or 2.0/4.0
- Approval of the competent college council
- Transfer must be once annually before the start of the academic year.
- Transfer will be canceled since the admission date if the records confirmed dismissal of the applicant for disciplinary reasons.
Apply for a New Transfer Request
follow up on a previous application:
The applicant can update contact information and preferences before the transfer application deadline.
To follow up on a previous application select the Follow-up Tab.
User name: National ID number
Password: The letters and numbers that are chosen when submitting the application.