Civil & Construction Engineering includes the following: planning, managing and building establishments like highways, bridges, airports, railways, buildings, dams and reservoirs. The building of such projects requires knowledge in engineering basics, business administration, procedures, economics and human behavior. The professional civil & construction engineer’s duties may include: designing temporary buildings, ensuring and controlling quality, planning and surveying the construction site, testing the construction materials on the site, surveying the layout of the construction sites, designing concrete mixtures, estimating costs, planning and scheduling, safety engineering, materials and purchases, selecting equipment, engineering costs and budget control. Construction engineering differs from building management in the level of mathematics, sciences and engineering required to solve the problems and processes involved in building.
To be recognized as the leading provider of quality construction engineering education.
To provide innovative knowledge and research outcomes in all areas of construction engineering through cutting edge technology
and industrial alliance with greater focus on serving the community.
The Construction Engineering program educational objectives are consistent with the university and college mission and the
needs of its various constituencies and stakeholders. They are important for successful professional practice and the ability to
pursue advanced degrees. The approved educational objectives of the program are as follows:
The Construction Engineering program prepares its graduates to:
• Implement technical, collaborative, and communication skills with leadership principles, to pursue careers in Construction
• Seek higher degrees in Construction Engineering and embark on life-long learning.
• Seek professional licensure, discharge their professional Construction Engineering skills ethically, and being conscious of the
impact of Construction Engineering projects on society as well as environment.
- College of Engineering
- Years of study
- 5 (1 preparatory + 4 specialization)
- Credit hours
The student can specialize in one of the following sub-branches of Civil & Construction Engineering during the last academic year:
- Construction and project management
- Road and transport engineering
- Constructional designing
The Department adopted ABET Student Outcomes (SO) "1-7", which the students of Construction Engineering program at Imam
Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University will demonstrate before graduation:
1. an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science,
2. an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health,
safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
3. an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
4. an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments,
which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
5. an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and
inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
6. an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering
judgment to draw conclusions.
7. an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Our accomplished graduates have numerous employment opportunities in the public and private sectors such as: government ministries, municipalities and shared companies between public and private sectors. In the private sector, employment is possible both nationally and internationally at engineering offices, industrial enterprises or through national or global contracting companies with projects in the Gulf region or throughout the world.