Labor and Delivery is an eleven-bed unit that offers both inpatient and outpatient medical/surgical services to pregnant and up to six-week postpartum women of all ages. The unit has seven LDRs, one OR, one PACU bed, and one bed for observation room.
Our patients are cared for by a team approach in Labor and Delivery. The physician, anesthesiologists, pediatricians, nurses work together to ensure comprehensive and safe patient care. Our team focuses on open communication between all providers. We focus on patient safety and maintain the highest patient satisfaction scores in the hospital. Our shared governance is a great atmosphere to work in.
Labor and Delivery provides the following services:
- Fetal heart and maternal uterine contraction monitoring
- Assistance with inductions, and augmentations
- Tocolysis of premature labor and magnesium sulfate infusions
- Caesarean sections
- Recovery of patients undergoing surgery under General and Regional Anesthesia
- Pain Management including epidural and patient controlled analgesia administration and management
- Non-stress testing
- Removal of cerclage
- Caring for and resuscitation of the new born at delivery.
- Assistance in the perinatal lab with amniocentesis, intrauterine transfusions, and cordocentesis
- Patient/Family Education.