The Dietary/Food Service Department supplies items for patients and restaurants. The main objective of the department is to provide food service to in-patients, and hospital employees through catering outlets and the resources available for patients by government contracts.
Services are rendered for the following customers:
Patient’s meals are provided depending to the diet list, number of in-patients and watcher received from wards with collaboration from Clinical Dietitian Food Service provides different kinds of diet to patient such as:
- Clear liquid low fat light diet
- Full liquid low protein heutropenic
- Soft diet low calorie liquidized
- Brat fat free hyperemesis
- Low salt pureed diet low potassium
- Diabetic high calorie high fiber
- Cardiac NGT – Nasogastric tube
- G6PD-Glucose six phospate dehydrogenase
- Renal diet
- Bland renal diabetic
Meal Production Diet Technician is the main link between the clinical dietitians and Food Service production staff. Diet technicians are also responsible for ensuring each patient receives the correct meal.