Physiotherapy Department rendered services thru electronic referrals with clear diagnosis and precautions from the concerned dept. as needed. Physical Therapist will contact the referring physician for anything related to the patient.
The inpatient units that depend on Physiotherapy services are Critical Care Units (ICU, CCU), Orthopedic, Neurosurgery, General Surgery, Neurology, Internal Medicine and Pediatric.
The physiotherapy services may include relief of pain, improve the range of motion, improved the muscle power, training of activity of daily living, gait training and improving human performance.
Occupational Therapy is under the umbrella of physiotherapy department. It also considers the physical aspects of rehabilitation and motion, but it is focused primarily on enabling the patient to engage in the meaningful activities of daily life as seamlessly as possible. Occupational Therapists are dedicated to assisting patients in the long-term through therapeutic adaptations to their environments that fit in their specific functional limitations.
Physiotherapy Department staffed with highly qualified Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Physiotherapy Clinicians.
The basic services provided are:
- Musculoskeletal (Orthopedic) physical therapy
- Neurology physical therapy
- Cardiothoracic physical therapy
- Women health Physical therapy
- Sport physical therapy
- Pediatric physical therapy
Physical Therapists are qualified to:
- Undertake a comprehensive assessment of the patient(s).
- Formulate a diagnosis (PT impression), prognosis, and plan.
- Provide consultation within their expertise.
- Determine when patients need to be referred to another health care professional.
- Implement a PT treatment program.
- Determine the outcomes of any treatments.
- Make recommendations for self-management
Physical therapy responsibilities:
- Diagnosis (PT. Impression)
- Plan of Care / intervention
Physical therapy modalities:
Manual methods of treatment
- Therapeutic exercises (strengthening and stretching)
- Joint mobilization / manipulation
- Neural tissue mobilization (Neurodynamics)
- Neurodevelopment training
- Balance training
- Taping techniques
- Motor learning techniques
- Training on activity of daily living
- Mayofascial mobilization
Non manual methods (electrotherapy)
- TENS Machine
- Interferential therapy
- Laser therapy
- Electrical stimulation (faradic and galvanic)
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Shock wave therapy
- Short wave therapy
- Bio-feedback machine
- Infra-red and ultra-violet lamps
Hydrotherapy Method of Treatment
- Paraffin wax
- Hot and cold hydrocollator machine
Other methods could be used in the treatment
- Tilting table
- Contentious passive movement (CPM) machines
- Traction machine
- Dry needling
- Assistive walking aids
Occupational therapy performance area:
- Activity of daily living (ADL)
- Productivity (work)
- Leisure (play)
Occupational therapist assessed the following:
- Sensory motor component like muscles power
- Psychosocial component like social interaction
- Cognitive component like memory
Occupation therapy provides patient-centered service like but not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Head injuries
- Erbs palsy
- Spinal cord injuries
- Down syndrome
- Mental health difficulties
- Upper limbs injuries
Hours of Service Provision
8:00 am to 3:00 pm Sunday – Thursday.