Respiratory Therapy is an Allied Health Care profession – The respiratory care services staffed with well- trained Respiratory Care Practitioners, Respiratory care Technicians.
The responsibilities of Respiratory Therapist include disease management, diagnostic evaluation, education, rehabilitation and care of inpatients as well as outpatients who have deficiencies and abnormalities associated with the cardiopulmonary system.
Respiratory Care Diagnostic activities include:
- Obtaining, analyzing and Interpretation of physiological data
- Performing test and studies on the patients.
- Performing Neurophysiological studies.
- Performing sleep disorder studies.
Respiratory Care Services Includes:
- The application and monitoring of Medical gases.
- Insertion and care of artificial airways.
- Broncho-pulmonary hygiene.
- Administration of Pharmacological agents.
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation.
- Hemodynamic cardiovascular support.
- Mechanical Ventilator management & Non-Invasive Ventilation.
- Nitric Oxide Therapy, Tracheostomy Care, Assist physicians with bedside bronchoscopies & percutaneous Tracheostomies.
- Drawing, analyzing & interpretation of Arterial blood gases in critical care areas.
- Member of Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation team.
- Member of Code Blue & Code Black Team.
- Assist Physicians in Special procedures in all critical care areas.
- Involve Student education & Patient education.
- Diagnostic Pulmonary Function studies.
- Sleep Apnea studies.