Neurological Diagnostic Laboratory offers patients immediate access to full range of testing and diagnostic services for stroke, and conditions affecting the spine, brain and nervous system. A team of Paramedics and Technologists supports the clinical neurophysiology laboratory doing independently EEGs, VEP and BAEP, and assisting in procedures like NCS/EMG, during working hours.
Neuro- diagnostic services include:
- EEG - to diagnose epilepsy and seizure disorders
- Video EEG - for intensive monitoring
- Carotid Ultrasound and Transcranial Doppler Studies - for evaluation of cerebrovascular disease and symptoms such as syncope and dizziness
- Electromyography (EMG) and Nerve Conduction Studies - to evaluate neuromuscular disorders, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and all neuropathies such as diabetic neuropathy
- ENG - to evaluate and pinpoint the source of dizziness, vertigo or loss of balance
- Evoked Potential Studies (BAEP and VEP Studies) - to help diagnose diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis, and neurological causes of hearing or vision disturbances.