Aligned with the 2030 Vision and as its supports transforming from the oil-based economy to knowledge-based economy. The Vice President for Academic Affairs launched 6 initiatives including the Professional Exams initiative.
Professional Exams Initiative
The Professional Exams Initiative (PEI) aims at determining which PEs are required by the certifying agencies and the prominent employers in their domain. The PE initiative focuses on increasing awareness among faculty and students about Professional Exams, aligning the curricula with these PEs, and improving the overall employability and competitiveness of IAU graduates.
Professional Exams Initiative Launch
As it has been emphasised by his excellency the Minster of education.
Justification for Professional Exams:
|Issues||Old Economy||Knowledge Economy|
|State||Stable (Oil)||Dynamic, segmented|
|Skills||Specialized||Multiple and flexible|
|Educational needs||Job orientated||Lifelong learning|
|Nature of employment||Stable Insecure||Opportunistic|
- An examination taken in order to qualify for a profession from a third-party i.e. states the level of knowledge or proficiency in a certain profession.
- Certification is a requirement for practices such as doctors, nurses, teachers, computer engineers, and pilots.
- Some certification is voluntary or mandatory for the examinee.
- Most certifications are time-limited; some expire after a period, but others can be renewed.
- Renewal usually requires ongoing education to remain up-to-date on advancements in the field.