The Department of English Language at the Women’s College of Arts in Dammam was established in 1979-1980 and the first cohort graduated in 1983.
The Department offers three degree programs:
The new academic plan for the Bachelor of Arts degree in English was implemented during the 2009-2010 academic year.
To achieve academic distinction in English language, literature and translation, nationally, regionally and internationally.
To prepare competent students in fields of English language, literature and translation to meet the requirement of the job market and boost research that serves the community.
- To achieve quality education.
- To cultivate critical thinking skills.
- To prepare graduates for higher studies and research.
- To promote the use of technology in developing language and communication skills.
- To enrich the dialogue between cultures and enhance Islamic identity.
- To foster academic research in the fields of literature, linguistics and translation.
- To contribute to societal sustainable collaborations