In pursuit of excellence in education, multiple accreditation and quality education bodies have accredited and recognized the College of Dentistry at Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University.
Affiliation of the College of Dentistry with the Association of Dental Education in Europe (ADEE)
The College of Dentistry is the first college in the region to receive a recognition from the Association of Dental Education in Europe (ADEE). This recognition exemplifies the excellence in the quality of dental education and services that the College provides on an internationally recognized level.
This recognition was granted after extensive visits from the delegates of the ADEE to the College of Dentistry.
In May of 2016, the College of Dentistry at Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University became the second dental college within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to have been fully accredited by the NCAAA exemplifying a commitment to achieve the highest standard of education, assessment, and quality improvement. Annual reports are being developed to monitor continuous improvement in assessment methods and the latest educational techniques in the world of dentistry and dental education.
Collaboration with Loma Linda University
A collaboration between the colleges of Dentistry at Loma Linda University in California and Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University has been established since 2011. The goal of this collaboration is to enhance the academic program at the College of Dentistry by the participation of faculty members from Loma Linda University in the undergraduate academic program.
Over the past years, an academic delegation from Loma Linda University visited the College of Dentistry and participated in the following:
- Provide lectures to students and scientific discussions.
- Participation in practical sessions and lab supervision.
- Participate in clinical supervision including training, discussions and implementation of patient treatment plans.
- Review the contents of the curriculum relevant to their designated specialties.
- Conduct workshops for faculty members.
- Participate in community services by providing workshops for dentists in the Eastern Region in particular and the Kingdom in general.
- Joint scientific research collaborations with the faculty members.
Collaboration with the Eastman Institute of Oral Health, University of Rochester
A collaboration between the Eastman Institute of Oral Health at University of Rochester in New York and Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University has been established since 2014. The aim of this collaboration is to allow for postgraduate fellows to enhance their educational experience at the University of Rochester and further improve academia at the College of Dentistry at Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University.
Collaboration with West Virginia University, School of Dentistry
A collaboration between West Virginia university and Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University has been established since 2019. The aim of this collaboration is to achieve excellence in dental education at the College of Dentistry at Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University by collaborating with leaders in the oral health education.
Academy for Academic Leaders (AAL)
The Academy for Academic Leadership (AAL), an Atlanta–based corporation, is a collaboration of scholars, educational specialists, and academic leaders providing professional development and consulting services to academic healthcare institutions. Within higher education, accreditation is one of AAL’s main areas of expertise. The AAL collaborative has a record of success, with over 3 centuries of cumulative leadership experience, over 1000 peer-reviewed publications, and extensive funded research.
Objectives for COD and AAL Collaboration:
- Preparation of COD for NCAAA Accreditation
- Develop a contemporary curriculum in line with the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) standards.
- Provide faculty development programming to support accreditation and curriculum reform efforts.
- Prepare the COD for application to be reviewed by the Joint Advisory Committee on International Accreditation (JACIA).