Cardiac technology is an allied health profession specifically focused on the diagnosis and management of patients with cardiac and vascular disease. Cardiac Technology Specialists (CTS) are highly skilled professionals qualified to provide patient care by using diagnostic (Echo) technology or by assisting with cardiac catheterization either diagnostically or through intervention.
The Cardiac Technology (CT) program at Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University ’s College of Applied Medical Sciences (CAMS) was established during the 2008-2009 academic year. The program is four years long, including the Preparatory year, and is divided into eight semesters. The student will graduate from the Department after completing 142 credit hours followed by an internship year (12 months) in the University hospital or any other facility that has been approved by the University.
A leading program of academic excellence for cardiac technology education and research nationally, regionally & internationally.
Graduate proficient cardiac technologists, who are equipped with scientific knowledge, updated technical skills, creative research, and socially committed.
- Graduate qualified cardiac technologists with high-quality training and clinical experience.
- Promote scientific research.
- Interact and serve our community.
- Achieve national and international accreditation.
- Establish a post-graduate program.
- Be proactive in developing and providing high-quality learning environment in cardiac technology education meeting the present & future needs of the kingdom.
- To promote inter-departmental research activities.
- Enhance students’ ability to apply modern knowledge and practice of cardiac technology principles in the health care profession to serve the profession and the community.
- Develop student's ability to rely on self-responsibility and independence.
- Achieve national & internal accreditation.
- To provide a high-quality post-graduate program for cardiac technology specialty
- The Cardiac Technology Program at Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University is the only program in the Kingdom that offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Cardiac Technology.
- Students will learn both the theoretical concepts and clinical applications of cardiac technology through a broad spectrum of courses rich in scientific and clinical practical content.
- Our teaching labs are equipped with simulators identical to those used in the clinical practicum in hospitals.
- In the 4th year, the student will be able to select between two subspecialties: invasive technology of cardiac catheterization or the non-invasive technology of echocardiography.